Laura’s Legacy ALS Benefit Concert | Lissie
For some gay men, it was Nyro's powerful femininity that most moved them. For her sometime manager David Geffen, who was then struggling with his own sexual identity, Nyro's draw was clearly erotic as well as creative. And it was Laura Nyro who molded my image and concept of what is feminine. For other gay men, such as songwriter Desmond Child who co-wrote Ricky Martin's "Livin' la Vida Loca," Cher's "We All Sleep Alone," and countless other hits , Nyro's music awakened the very idea of same-sex attractions even when she wasn't singing about men.
Laura’s Legacy concert returns to Rock Island
For lesbians too, Nyro's songs, redolent of female mystery and desire, triggered our own longings and encouraged us to confront our subterranean urges. Many took "Emmie" as a sort of lesbian anthem, even if that wasn't Nyro's intention she claimed it was about universal womanhood, pointing out that it was her mother's favorite song of hers.
An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while. Music By Kort, Michelle.
- Rosis Castle (Rosis Doors Book 1).
- Asking for a Raise Now - Confidence or Chutzpah? (Coach Stef - Advance Your Career Book 10)!
- Laura’s Legacy concert returns to Rock Island?
- Weymouth New Testament in Modern Speech, Acts?
Read preview. Read preview Overview.
- No More Tears.
- 7th Annual Lauras Legacy for ALS featuring LISSIE • Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau;
- The Secret War Dairies of Joey Muldoon!
- Cookies on the BBC website.
- Foundations of Human Experience: 14 lectures in Stuttgart, Aug. 20 – Sept. 5, 1919 (CW 293); 2 lectures in Berlin, Mar. 15 & 17, 1917 (CW 66).
The Lauras Legacy combat boot is crafted with beautiful genuine leather, and an intricately embossed sole to remind you of your contribution to medical research. Red accents tribute the official color of ALS support and research, all together making this boot not only a fantastic wearable lace-up piece for your wardrobe, but also a symbol of joining our hands and feet together to support the cause.
Dimmi is a brand that started with a story. As with many stories, ours is about a major event that touched our family.
The Dimmi story began with ALS, a disease without a cure, that changed a family in the shoe business—and the story continues, transformed now with a purpose of doing good. Richard A.
Related Lauras Legacy
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved